Over the last several years, Independence has worked together with Inovalon, an independent company, to support the ePASS® online platform across our Medicare Advantage and Commercial HIX (ACA) networks. This program has helped our network providers to enhance the quality and completeness of patient documentation.
We have often received feedback from users asking for a more accessible, streamlined, and reliable tool. We are excited to announce that in 2019 Inovalon will release the ePASS® Next platform. The ePASS® Next platform has been designed to bring a better experience to our provider community. ePASS® Next will go live February 1, 2019.
We are pleased to share a few of the enhancements, which include:
- Increased accessibility
- No additional software is required. Microsoft Silverlight is no longer needed.
- The tool is browser agnostic. Complete ePASS® assessments through any type of web browser.
- Increased reliability
- Enhancements minimize the possibilities of system crashes.
- Auto-save features have been added to ensure that no work is lost due to timeouts.
- Linkage logic is improved to ensure that both patients and providers are attributed to the correct office.
- Streamlined workflow
- Assessments can be completed through a single page.
- Smart Logic detects diagnostic and medication information entered into the ePASS® SOAP Note and automatically prepares future sections of the assessment.
- Floating save and submit buttons have been added for easy updates.
Training available for new platform
With these enhancements the look and feel of the ePASS® platform will change. Independence has multiple training options and guides available on how to use the updated platform. These resources will help get providers off the ground and running with ePASS® Next:
- webex training – provided by both Inovalon and Independence
- embedded video on the homepage to provide a high-level overview of the ePASS® Next platform
- on-site trainings and hard copy materials
- access to the ePASS support team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inovalon service desk
For more information
ePASS® Next will be live starting February 1, 2019. If you have questions or would like more information about the platform or training opportunities, please contact us via email at email@example.com.