On To Better Health is a free, confidential online program offered by Magellan Healthcare, Inc., an independent company. The program is available to Independence* members who are experiencing mild, moderate, high, or severe concerns with any of the following:
- Chronic pain
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Substance use or dependence
Helpful tools available
Through the online program, members have access to self-help tools, resources, and information on emotional health and wellness. Additional tools include:
- SmartScreener: This behavioral health screening software uses a series of questions to assess the patient's current mood and possible conditions (anxiety, depression, insomnia, obsessive compulsive disorder, substance use, and chronic pain).
- Personalized health itinerary: The questionnaire collects the patient's responses and creates a list of recommended tools and resources that can be started right away using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- CBT Modules: Digital cognitive behavioral therapy programs that are easy to use, education, and self-paced.
- Resource library: The library offers videos, self-help tools, and health tips.
As of August 1, 2018, members can access these tools from our secure member portal, ibxpress.com, in the Health & Well-Being section under Value Added Services – Emotional Well-Being. In the coming months, members will also be able to access these tools on the IBX Mobile app.
What you can do
We ask that you encourage your Independence patients to participate in the On To Better Health program to begin their wellness journey. Upon request, a flyer is available to place in the member's chart and share during an office visit.
The flyer will be added to our online request form in the coming weeks. In the meantime, to order a supply of flyers for your office, please send an email to email@example.com. Orders are usually processed and shipped within 48 hours and should arrive within 5 – 7 business days.
*Currently, the On To Better Health program is not available to patients with an Independence Administrators ID card.
Magellan Healthcare, Inc. manages mental health and substance abuse benefits for most Independence members.