As a reminder, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has
confirmed in a final rule that
October 1, 2015, will be the compliance deadline for the implementation
of ICD-10. The final rule requires the continued use of ICD-9 through September
What's Up Wednesday
What's Up Wednesday is a monthly teleconference hosted by
Pennsylvania's Blue Plans to help prepare health care professionals for the
ICD-10 transition on October 1, 2015. What's Up Wednesday will feature
special guest speakers and ICD-10 experts who will lead discussions to help you
get ready for the compliance date. All providers, clearinghouses, information
trading partners, and information networks are encouraged to participate.
How to participate
- No registration is required. Prior to the call, visit the What's Up Wednesday web page to access and download
the presentation materials.
- On the day of the call, dial 1-800-882-3610 and enter pass code
5411307 when prompted. Please dial in
five minutes prior to the start of the call.
- If you have specific ICD-10 related questions during the call, please email them.
- Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2015
- Time: 2 – 3 p.m. ET
- Phone number: 1-800-882-3610
- Pass code: 5411307
- This month's guest speakers will be Geisinger Health Systems and Kohler
Health Care Consulting.
Independence is currently in the process of reassessing and communicating
our external testing plan and schedule. In the coming months, we will resume
testing with our pre-established testing partners and share our successes and
challenges with our provider network.
Detailed information about ICD-10 and the road to compliance will continue
to be communicated in future editions of Partners in Health
UpdateSM and within the
ICD-10 section of our