The Hospital Manual for Participating Hospitals, Ancillary Facilities, and Ancillary Providers (Hospital Manual) is part of a is part of a Hospital, Ancillary Facility, or Ancillary Provider Agreement (Agreement) with Independence Blue Cross and its affiliates (collectively referred to as "Independence").
The manual was developed to assist participating hospitals, ancillary facilities, and ancillary providers in conducting business with Independence in accordance with the Agreement.
The Hospital Manual is an easy-to-use reference tool, color-coded, and hyperlinked to provide easy access to the information that providers need most. It is updated regularly to provide pertinent information regarding our policies, procedures, and functions.
Providers may request a print version of the Hospital Manual by submitting a request through our online order form.
- Introduction (June 2021)
- General Information (October 2021)
- Administrative Procedures (June 2022)
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (October 2021)
- Medical Policy & Claim Payment Policy (October 2021)
- Clinical Services – Utilization Management (October 2021)
- Quality Management (June 2022)
- Behavioral Health (October 2021)
- Billing & Reimbursement for Hospital Services (December 2021)
- Billing & Reimbursement for Ancillary Services (May 2022)
- BlueCard® (June 2022)
- Disclaimer Information (July 2021)