Who is eligible for PEAR portal access?
Only participating providers in an Independence network can obtain access to the PEAR portal.
Participating providers are those who are directly contracted with Independence Blue Cross or Independence Administrators. The PEAR portal is not currently available to non-participating providers. For additional information, please review the options to
How will my practice get access to the PEAR portal?
Participating providers* can register for the PEAR portal by following the below instructions and ultimately submitting a PEAR portal enrollment form on pearprovider.com.
Review the PEAR portal presentation, which provides an overview of the registration process and the various roles within the portal.
Identify an Organization Signatory. This is the person in your organization that will make the PEAR portal registration request. If you need to change your Organization Signatory at any point, you can do so by submitting a request via the PEAR Portal Inquiry form.
Have your Organization Signatory complete and submit a PEAR portal enrollment form, which can be found at pearprovider.com.
Designate up to two Organization Administrators during enrollment. These individuals will have unrestricted access to all licensed materials and license data including value-based arrangements delivered through the portal for your organization.
Please note: Providers are registered for the PEAR portal at the organization or Tax ID level. If your organization is associated with more than one Tax ID, only one registration request for the entire organization is required. If your practice is part of an Integrated Delivery System, please check with your administrative office to see if your organization is already registered. If you are unable to confirm registration, please contact PEAR Support at 1-833-444-PEAR (1-833-444-7327).
How do I get access to the PEAR portal if I’m not an Organization or Location Administrator?
Providers are registered for the PEAR portal at the organization or Tax ID level, not an individual level. Individuals, which are typically portal End Users, need to be given access by their Organization and Location Administrators. If you do not have access and would like to be added, you should reach out to your administrators directly.
Who at my practice needs access to PEAR Analytics & Reporting?
Currently, the reports available in PEAR Analytics & Reporting are applicable to those participating primary care practices with a panel size greater than 50 and certain specialists, such as cardiologists, endocrinologists, and nephrologists.
If you need access to PEAR Analytics & Reporting, contact your Organization or Location Administrator to request the appropriate permissions.
Who at my practice needs access to PEAR Practice Management?
Anyone who used NaviNet Open for our plans should obtain access to PEAR
Practice Management. If your practice did not use NaviNet Open but would like
the ease of doing everyday plan transactions electronically, please have your
Organization Signatory submit an enrollment request.
Please note: Using PAT, Organization Administrators may provision third-party
organizations that provide administrative support for our network providers to
use PEAR Practice Management.
If you need access to PEAR Practice Management, contact your Organization or Location Administrator to request the appropriate permissions.
Who at my practice needs access to PEAR Comprehensive Visit?
All primary care practices are eligible to use the
application unless otherwise notified. Practices with members loaded into their
roster are eligible to earn incentives for completing assessments for their
eligible patients in PEAR CV.
There are two PEAR CV user roles:
- Support staff: Support patient scheduling activities, enter patient encounter details in PEAR CV forms, and print PEAR CV forms and SOAP notes. Do not enter the NPI field while provisioning access to support staff.
- Credentialed providers: Perform various administrative tasks, including attesting forms for the patients they have seen, which is a required step to complete a CV form and generate a SOAP note. When provisioning access to the credentialed provider responsible for attestation in PEAR CV, you will be prompted to complete the NPI field. It is mandatory that the individual NPI is noted for that credentialed provider and is only used for a single end user. If no NPI is entered, the user will not be permitted to attest in PEAR CV.
Key points to consider when provisioning access to PEAR CV in the Provider Administration Tool (PAT):
- Provision all credentialed providers that require access to attesting in PEAR CV.
- NPI is only required when provisioning credentialed providers.
- Only Business Administrators and Organization and Location Administrators are permitted to enter or modify an NPI.
- If you associate PEAR CV with at least one practice for a credentialed provider, you will be prompted to enter their individual NPI.
- If you are provisioning support staff, do not enter the NPI. Continue with saving provisioning details and the prompt will be bypassed.
- Once entered, the NPI will display in the end user account.
- NPI validation occurs upon End User creation in PAT.
Please note: Access for third-party organizations that provide administrative support for our network providers for PEAR CV is available. Please note that while third-party organizations can perform administrative tasks in the application, the CV form (or a print-out version) should be used by the provider during point of care with the patient to ensure comprehensive documentation. To grant third-party organization access to their practice(s) within PEAR CV, the Provider Organization or Location Administrator should call 1-833-444-PEAR (1-833-444-7327). Providers will not be able to assign access to third-party organizations for PEAR CV using PAT. Third-party Organization Administrators can learn more here on how to add users from their organization to the PEAR portal.
If you need access to PEAR Comprehensive Visit, contact your organization or Location Administrator to request the appropriate permissions.
How do third-party organizations access the PEAR portal?
Access to the Provider Engagement, Analytics, and Reporting (PEAR) portal is granted by designated provider Organization Administrators. If you are a third-party organization that supports participating providers in our network, you will need to follow these steps to gain access:
If your third-party organization is not already provisioned for PEAR, request that the designated Organization Administrators (for each organization you support) establish the required permissions using the dedicated third parties tab in the Provider Administration Tool (PAT). You do not need to contact the plan to be granted access to the PEAR portal. The request for access must come from the provider organization(s) with whom you work.
- Once the third-party organization relationship is established, provider organizations can then grant access to select PEAR portal applications for third-party organizations and designate third-party Organization Administrators.
- Designated third-party Organization Administrators can then log in to the PEAR portal and use PAT to provision access to End Users in their organization. More information on how to use PAT as a third-party administrator can be found on the PEAR portal Help Center.
Note: If your organization works with multiple providers, you will need to be granted access by each provider organization to see their transactions.
How does a third party supporting my provider organization obtain access to the PEAR portal?
The provider Organization Administrator can request access for their supporting third-party organization through the Third Party function offered in the Provider Administration Tool (PAT). At this time, access is limited to the PEAR Practice Management application. Please visit the PEAR Help Center for detailed instructions. To grant third-party organization access to their practice(s) within PEAR CV, the Provider Organization or Location Administrator should call 1-833-444-PEAR (1-833-444-7327). Providers will not be able to assign access to third-party organizations for PEAR CV using PAT.