What applications are included in the PEAR portal?
The Provider Engagement, Analytics & Reporting (PEAR) portal offers participating providers* a single point of entry to multiple digital tools:
- PEAR Analytics & Reporting (PEAR AR, formerly IndexPro™) - review and compare your practice's performance with peers and identify gaps in care and opportunities for improvement
- PEAR Practice Management (PEAR PM) - provides access to transactions such as eligibility & benefits checks, authorization submission & search, referral submission and search, claim submission, search & investigation
- PEAR Comprehensive Visit (PEAR CV) - accurately document a member's visit, assessment, and treatment plan
What is PEAR Analytics & Reporting?
PEAR Analytics & Reporting is an online, self-service, and on-demand reporting tool for participating providers that was introduced in October 2019. It delivers access to timely data and actionable reports through a secure connection.
How does PEAR Analytics & Reporting benefit my practice?
The value of PEAR AR:
- Delivers access to timely data and actionable incentive program reports through a secure connection.
- Offers a centralized site for you to review and compare your performance against your peers of the same specialty, so that you can identify opportunities for improvement.
- Allows access to view provider capitation and incentive payment rosters.
What is PEAR Practice Management?
The PEAR Practice Management application is a provider engagement tool that replaced
the NaviNet® web portal (NaviNet Open) on July 1, 2021, for our
plans. PEAR Practice Management is your connection point to the plan information and transactions you use every day in caring for your patients. From eligibility and benefits checks to referrals and beyond, PEAR Practice Management will provide you with a streamlined and simplified experience.
How does PEAR Practice Management benefit my practice?
The value of PEAR PM:
- Provides a connection point to the plan information and transactions you
use every day in caring for your patients.
- Seamlessly supports your daily interactions with our health plans to
ensure a more streamlined and user-friendly experience, all through a single
sign on to the PEAR portal.
- Provides access to transactions such as Eligibility & Benefits
checks, Authorization submission & search, Referral submission and search,
Claim submission, search & investigation.
When will I transition to PEAR Practice Management and lose access to NaviNet Open?
The transition to PEAR Practice Management was completed on July 1, 2021, for all network providers.
What is PEAR Comprehensive Visit?
PEAR Comprehensive Visit is a point-of-care application that assists primary care providers with accurate documentation of a member's visit, assessment, and treatment plan. This application replaced ePASS® assessments for this plan and will be considered the official medical records that document the comprehensive elements of a member encounter including vitals, review of systems, diagnoses, quality measures, and social determinants of health. PEAR Comprehensive Visit has been designed to support the familiar format of a SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) note with logic that offers diagnosis and screening considerations to assist in coordinating care. Please note that the CV form does not replace the need for EMR documentation, but we encourage that the SOAP note (from the Completed CV form) be added to the patient’s medical record.
How does PEAR Comprehensive Visit benefit my practice?
The value of PEAR CV:
- Enables quality patient encounters:
- Providers can use PEAR CV printouts with previously identified diagnoses
and considerations for care to deliver high quality encounters.
- Promotes holistic patient care:
- PEAR CV’s built-in logic produces past chronic diagnosis and screening
considerations to enhance care coordination.
- It displays patient-specific quality measures to address preventive care
and other clinical interventions.
- These elements of the CV form support a greater continuity of care when documenting the patient's wellness encounter.
- PEAR CV prompts providers to address non-medical concerns (social
determinants) that could impact the patient's health.
- Helps practices earn incentives:
- Attested assessments generate SOAP notes, which can be added to eligible
patients’ official medical records by printing a hard copy or saving digitally.
- With a few exceptions, any qualified practice can earn incentives when
providers and their staff complete a CV form for eligible patients.
When will I transition to PEAR Comprehensive Visit?
The transition to PEAR Comprehensive Visit was completed on November 1, 2021, for all eligible primary care providers.
What PEAR portal applications are accessible to a third-party organization?
As a third-party organization, you can obtain access to PAT and certain transactions in the PEAR Practice Management application.
Provider Administration Tool
PAT is the application that Organization Administrators and Location Administrators use to manage user access to the PEAR portal and its applications.
Once provisioned on the PEAR portal, Organization and Locations Administrators use PAT to manage access to the portal for their organization. Access must be granted by each provider organization to gain access to that provider organization's transactions within PEAR. Organization and Location Administrators' role in PAT includes provisioning End Users and assigning access to third-party provider organizations within PEAR. End Users should contact their third-party administrators directly to get access to the PEAR portal.
PEAR Practice Management
PEAR Practice Management (PEAR PM) is the application that provides a connection point to the plan information and transactions that health care providers use every day in caring for patients. From eligibility checks to referrals and beyond, PEAR PM provides a streamlined and simplified experience through its all-in-one Member Center and the Transactions tab. PEAR PM replaced the NaviNet® web portal (NaviNet Open) for our plans.
For more on PEAR PM, check out the What is PEAR Practice Management video and PEAR Practice Management Overview course.
As a third-party organization, you will be able to support the health care providers with whom you work via read-only access to the following transactions on PEAR PM:
EOB & Remittance Inquiry|
|Claims Investigation Inquiry|
Authorization Status Inquiry|
BlueExchange® Eligibility & Benefits
Claims Investigation Submission|
|||||BlueExchange® Claims Status Inquiry|
|||1500 Claim Submission|
|||||BlueExchange® Medical Policy|
Claims Status Inquiry|
|||||Eligibility and Benefits|
AH AmeriHealth Third-Party Access (both AHPA & AHNJ) IBX Independence Blue Cross Third-Party Access
Once you have access to the portal and PEAR PM, find more on each of these transactions in the PEAR Help Center.
PEAR Comprehensive Visit
This is a primary care tool that assists providers with accurately documenting a member's visit, assessment, and treatment plan in one form. This replaced the ePASS® tool for this health plan. Third-party organizations can obtain access to PEAR CV in a support staff role to assist primary care providers who may not have the staff to perform administrative tasks in the application. Please note that while third-party organizations can perform administrative tasks in the application, the CV form (or a print-out version) should be used by the provider during point of care with the patient to ensure comprehensive documentation. To gain access to a provider's practice in PEAR CV, please ask the Provider Organization or Location Administrator to call 1-833-444-PEAR (1-833-444-7327). They will not be able to assign access to third-party organizations for PEAR CV using PAT.
Once you have access to the portal and PEAR CV, find more on each of these transactions in the PEAR Help Center.