The BlueCross® Blue Shield® (BCBS) System will launch the Blue High Performance NetworkSM (Blue HPNSM) on January 1, 2021.
Anthem® Blue Cross Blue Shield is offering Blue HPN to its employees who reside in the Independence service area, as of
January 1, 2021. While the final number of enrollees (subscribers and members) is not yet known, we wanted to make you aware of their possible presence.
Identifying Anthem Blue HPN patients
You can recognize patients with Blue HPN by the Blue High Performance name and the “HPN in a suitcase" logo on the Anthem member ID card.
When in a non-Blue HPN market, patients are limited to urgent and/or emergent care at non-Blue HPN health care providers.
Anthem's Blue HPN EPO benefit design will be supported by Independence's Blue HPN tiered network. Out-of-network coverage is limited to urgent/emergent care only.
- PCP visits are covered at 100% (along with preventive care)
- Specialist office visits are covered with a $55 copay
- Inpatient care (at tier one facilities) is covered with a $500 copay per admit
- Outpatient care (at tier one facilities) is covered with a $300 copay
- Urgent care is covered with a $25 copay
- Emergency care is covered with a $400 copay
You may use the NaviNet® web portal (NaviNet Open) to determine your in-network benefit tier.
As a reminder, all members are subject to eligibility verification and the applicable precertification requirements of their Home Plan.
If you would like to learn more about Blue HPN, please our Provider Network Services team via email at
NaviNet® is a registered trademark of NantHealth, an independent company.