As restrictions that kept us in our homes are shifting, members health and safety remain our top priority. Movement and physical activity are essential to your patient’s health. SilverSneakers and Independence are here to support member’s physical well-being . Whether that means returning to a fitness location, enjoying a SilverSneakers LIVE class virtually from home, or taking a walk around the neighborhood.
When the time is right, here are some tips that your office can provide to our Medicare Advantage members to help them prepare when returning to a participating fitness location:
Before the visit:
- Call or check the fitness location’s* website to see if they’ve implemented any new guidelines.
- Ask if there are limited hours or special times for older adults.
- Prepare for a new experience. Equipment may have moved and class schedules† may have changed.
During the visit:
- Follow all recommended guidelines.
- Use touchless check-in options when available.
- Wipe down equipment with disinfectant before and after use.
Tips to prevent illness1
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick and keep appropriate distance from people outside the home.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
here for a complete guide to returning to the gym.
At-home fitness options
If Medicare Advantage members prefer virtual fitness options, SilverSneakers has at-home fitness options available. In addition to visiting physical locations, members can also create an online account to enjoy SilverSneakers On-DemandTM videos, plus classes and workshops through
With SilverSneakers, members are free to move with more options than ever. Now is the time to stay active while staying safe.
Encourage your Independence Medicare Advantage members to stay active with SilverSneakers. They can check their eligibility and learn more at SilverSneakers.com.
1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “Prevent Getting Sick.” 2020. Available from
*Membership includes SilverSneakers instructor-led group fitness classes. Some locations offer members additional classes. Classes vary by location.
†Participating locations ("PL") not owned or operated by Tivity Health, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of PL facilities and amenities limited to terms and conditions of PL basic membership. Facilities and amenities vary by PL.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. SilverSneakers On-Demand and SilverSneakers LIVE are trademarks of Tivity Health, Inc. © 2020 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.